Saturday 22 September 2012

Counting my blessings

 
This post is for my friends.
 
The people from back home who have kept me in their mind, and sent me their love all the way here in the mail. 

 
Food mix from home. Enough to last me till the end of the tough winter.
The people who listened and responded to my homesickness, and made me miss home all the more with their kindness. 

The sweet  (and spicy!) taste of home. Made with love delivered in the mail.
The many others who have sent me their blessings and concern through other ways.

The friends who remember my birthday when I don't even remember it.
And then, there are the people close by who opened their arms to me, and shared what they have.

Bonding through food at my neighbour's place.

The lunch treat prepared by a school friend when I visited her at her place.  

The people with whom I am happy to share my most priced possession.


Hainanese Chicken Rice prepared for recent lunch gathering with school friends.
 
 Counting my blessings every day. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. the hainanese rice + chicken looks so good! please hone your apanese cooking skills and let us have a taste of your cooking when you are back in sg! hoho.

    70

    ReplyDelete