Tuesday 25 September 2012

A symbol of autumn

This morning, I was on the way home from doing the groceries and I saw a few ojiisans and obaasans looking at this huge tree. I have often cycled on the bridge next to this tree but have never paid much attention to it. 
 
 

As I have come to realise that I share many interests with Japanese ojiisans and obaasans, a tree that is an object of interest for them must indeed be an interesting tree for me too.  So I stopped in my tracks and looked hard at the tree.


I couldn't stop very long as there were vehicles coming from behind me so I quickly took a photograph of it with my mobile phone.  
 
I will make sure I get back with my camera next time to get some better photographs of the ripen chestnuts.
 
Yes, autumn is here.

1 comment:

  1. woo..first time i seen raw chestnuts :)

    70

    ReplyDelete